Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Nature's Nerves - key to reality becoming aware of itself?

I was reading a neuropsychologist on Huffington Post and he talked about how we evolved to look out for danger all the time. He called them "the lies of Mother Nature." This creates an opposition where one is not needed. As an alternativ­e: Can we see the fears, anxieties, worries as our teachers? 


His simple method is seeing "I'm alright right now" - this was something Eckhart Tolle wrote about, "Am I alright now? Not five minutes from now, but this moment?


The neuropsychologist (Rick Hanson) said this isn't a kind of cosmic consciousn­ess, but I think it is! While it may be true that we evolved our desires and aversions to ensure our survival and passing on our genes - could there be a deeper significance? Could this be the key to reality becoming aware of itself?


His instruction is, to see our minds are "functioni­ng fine no matter how nutty and not-fine the contents swirling through it are." - In that very recogntion, I would suggest we are NOT in the mind anymore. We are in the space of Awareness itself. 


The spiritual teacher Mooji says it quite well in this video that I set to wonderful, inspiring music: 
http://www­.youtube.c­om/watch?v­=X9I4nbPEu­4M

Jordan
www.betrue­love.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home